Welcome!


Cooking, Eating, and spending time with those that you Love. They all make me happy and I want to share the food part with you so that maybe it will bring some love to your life, if not love, then joy!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ginger Snaps

3/4 c shortening. Let soften
1 c sugar
1 egg
1/4 c molasses
2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 rounding tsp ginger

Mix dry ingredients.
Cream shortening and sugar thoroughly.
Add egg and molasses. Mix Well.
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Chill dough for 5 min in fridge.
Form into balls, roll in sugar, and place on a greased cookie sheets. (spray hands with Pam to keep dough from sticking to hands.)
BAKE at 350 for 12-15 min. I usually only do 12 min they crisp up after cooling. If you prefer crispier cookies bake longer.

this is one of my favorite cookies that my grandmother used to make at Christmas time. It goes great with milk or dunked in hot coffee. I hope that you enjoy these as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment