The kitchen and house smell amazing and I can not wait to dig in and have some. But before I do I shall share the recipe and pictures so hopefully you can also make one and enjoy it.
You will need:
1 9x9 glass pan
1 stick of butter
3/4 c flour
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c whole milk
2tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
(tsp of almond flavoring for peach if you want)
3-4 c fruit of choice
1/4-3/4 c sugar for extra sweetening of the fruit
Preheated oven - preheat oven to 300
FRESH BLUEBERRIES!!!!
The ones in the bowl are just cleaned. The ones in the measuring cup are ready for the cobbler with a 1/4 sugar added to them for a little extra sweetness.
While the oven is preheating place the stick of butter in the glass pan and let it melt in the oven as you mix up the rest of your ingredients.
Mix in a measuring up or small bowl:
3/4 c milk
3/4 c flour
3/4 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
and a pinch of salt
Mix well, there may be some small lumps but that is just fine.
After the butter is completely melted take the pan out of the oven and pour the batter in on top of the butter.
On top of the batter pour and spread out your fruit.
Yes believe me the fruit goes on top of the batter. While baking the batter will rise up between and around the fruit to form a beautiful crusty top.
Ready to go in the oven! I place a metal ring under the pan to catch any run overs and keep the oven clean.
(For this recipe I had to use an 8x8 pan so instead of the called for 4 cups of fruit I only used 3 cups and it didn't run over and make a mess. Score!)
Bake at 300 for 45-1hr. Watch the top after the first 45 minutes. You want it to be a nice golden brown. Depending on the oven and the type of cobbler it may take longer.
I bumped the temp up the last fifteen minutes to 325 to get mine to brown better since I had never baked a cobbler in this oven.

FINISHED PRODUCT!!!!
See I told you the batter would come to the top!
Now there is a lovely gooey layer in the bottom and a nice crisp layer on the top with lots of little pockets of dough in the middle with the fruit.
This is best eaten when its warm with vanilla ice cream or a glass of milk.
So now that I have made the cobbler I got to dig in and Oh My Goodness is it amazing and yummy!!! I had a glass of milk along with the nice warm cobbler and it was blissful!!





No comments:
Post a Comment