Welcome!


Cooking, Eating, and spending time with those that you Love. They all make me happy and I want to share the food part with you so that maybe it will bring some love to your life, if not love, then joy!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chocolate Chip Mandelbread

Chocolate Chip Mandelbread

This recipe is from Southern Living  Our Readers Top-Rated Recipes book.

Prep time : 10 min Cook time: 25 min


2cups sugar, divided
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (6oz) package semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon


-Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.  Add oil and next 4 ingredients; beat until blended. Stir in mini-morsels.
-Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 10-x3- inch log on lightly greased baking sheets.  (Dough will be sticky.  Shape with floured hands, if necessary.)  I Sprayed My Hands Lightly With Bakers Joy Non Stick Spray.
-Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool slightly; cut diagonally into 3/4 inch-thick slices. Move them apart slightly to allow heat and cinnamon sugar to get between them.
-Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over slices.  Bake 5 more minutes; cool completely on wire racks. 
Yields: roughly 36 servings. 

I love these they are so good. I added red sugar to my sugar mix, half regular half red to make them festive for Christmas time.  I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.  They are moist on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside.

1 comment: